Throughout a monumental 2017 full of breakout artists and performances, DJ Mag France polled thousands of French fans for DJ Mag’s ‘Best Of French‘ awards. The poll has never held so relevant, with over 60 French DJ’s and producers nominated across 16 categories. Of course, it wouldn’t be a fan-voted award without someone, in particular, dominating in the polls, and that one specific 18-year-old individual was Petit Biscuit, who by the end of voting snagged a win in 3 categories. The young French star Petit Biscuit picked up wins in “Best Live Act“, “Confirmation Of The Year” and “Best Remix” making up a total of around 19% of the total award categories.
Of course, it was new label owner, DJ Snake who still reigned supreme, taking home the most coveted award in the bunch “Best DJ“. Despite the big names in the poll such as David Guetta & Justin Beiber who won “Best Collaboration” for their track ‘2U‘, or Justice who by popular vote took “Best Duo/Group“, there were still some great storylines – particularly for French newcomer Damien N-Drix. The emerging artist broke through the noise over the recent months, being named DJ Mag France’ “Revelation of The Year“. The Spinnin’ signed producer has received support from several mainstays in the EDM community and even managed to co-produce a track with well-established group GTA. If this proves anything it’s that France has had a major influence on the electronic music scene over the past year and will only see a much bigger rise for the years to come.
The poll also for the first time ever expanded its reaches to Belguim and Switzerland including categories for “Best Swiss DJ/Live Act” & “Best Belgian DJ/Live Act“. The likes of which saw Nora en Pure take the top spot for Switzerland and Lost Frequencies for Belgium.
- BEST DJ : DJ SNAKE
- BEST LIVE ACT : PETIT BISCUIT
- BEST ‘BIG ROOM / PROGRESSIVE’ DJ : MERCER
- BEST DEEP-TECHNO : JOACHIM PASTOR
- BEST “ALTERNATIVE” : TONY ROMERA
- BEST HOUSE DJ : POPOF
- BEST DUO / GROUP : JUSTICE
- BEST COLLABORATION : DAVID GUETTA & JUSTIN BIEBER.
- REVELATION OF THE YEAR : DAMIEN N-DRIX
- CONFIRMATION OF THE YEAR : PETIT BISCUIT
- BEST NEWCOMER : BORIS WAY
- BEST LIVE PERFORMANCE : JUSTICE
- BEST SINGLE : DJ SNAKE FT. LAUV ‘A Different Way’
- BEST REMIX : PETIT BISCUIT
- BEST ELECTRONIC MUSIC FESTIVAL : ELECTROBEACH
- BEST BELGIAN DJ / LIVE ACT : LOST FREQUENCIES
- BEST SWISS DJ / LIVE ACT : NORA EN PURE